Clearing web browser histories in this way will delete ALL histories of visited websites. If you are concerned that someone may be checking up on your Internet usage, the absence of all files and history may appear suspicious.
Before closing the Browser AFTER you have left this site:
PC Windows - Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools in the menu bar.
- Open the Internet Options Dialog Box and select the General Tab.
- Under Browsing History, click Delete. Check the "Temporary Internet Files", "Cookies", and "History" checkboxes if they are not already and click Delete.
- Click OK to exit the Internet Options Dialog Box.
PC Windows – Netscape
- Select the Edit in the menu bar, then select the Preference.
- Under the Category, select Navigator. Then click Clear History.
- Under the Category, select Cache under Advanced. First click the Clear Memory Cache followed by the Clear Disk Cache.
- Click "Tools" - "Options"
- When the "Options" dialog box appears, click "Privacy".
- Click the "History" tab.
- Click "Clear Browsing History Now".
- Press "OK" to close the dialog box.
Finally, after completed the above deletions, you should also empty the recycle bin.
- Select History in the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Scroll down to Clear History and select this option
Select CLEAR when a new window pops up.
*Taken from the website of Transition House Association of Newfoundland & Labrador.